Whether you’re a start-up, planning to buy or sell a business, or looking for advice on a business dispute, Peter Donnellan offers you expert business and commercial law advice.
Peter has been serving Australian businesses for 16 years in Victoria. He has extensive experience across the business, commercial and property sectors. Peter offers a wide range of practical legal solutions for individuals and sole traders, start-ups, micro businesses, home- based businesses, community sector organisations, charities and not for profits and small to medium sized enterprises.
Peter’s skill is in taking good instructions from you and knowing that your business is as individual as you are. He then develops personalised documentation and systems to manage risk and assist you to protect and maximise your assets.
Peter Donnellan can help you with:
- Business structures: If you are establishing a new business or other enterprise Peter can help you make sure that you are setting the business up soundly, whether by partnership, joint venture, company, trust or franchise. If you’re looking to restructure your business Peter can help with partnership dissolutions and corporate restructures.
- Business contracts: Peter Donnellan can prepare or review all types of legal contracts including purchase or sale of business, Put and Call Options, franchise agreements, supply agreements, service agreements, distribution agreements, partnership agreements, leases, mortgages and commercial contracts. Peter will make sure that the contract terms and conditions are suitable for your business now and into the future. He will ensure that due diligence standards are met.
- For buyers, Peter will ensure that you are clear on the Contract provisions, seek changes to propsed contracts to make sure you are protected as fairly and as well as possible and ensure a proper due dilligence is conduted. In short, that you get what you pay for.
- For sellers, Peter will seek to minimise risks associated with selling a business and maximise your return. He will also seek to ensure, through proper documentation and disclosure that settlement of the matter is final and that the purchaser has as limited a resort to future litigation as is legally possible.
- Commercial disputes and commercial litigation: Peter’s focus is on preventing litigation by drafting good documents and advising on good practice and good governance. Peter does not litigate business or commercial disputes. He may try to negoiate a resolution or refer to mediation, but generally he will not take a metter to litigation.
- Corporations law: Peter can assist with shareholders agreements, advice on corporate governance, documenting company administrations.
- Franchises: If you’re looking to buy into a franchise Peter will help you go through the franchise agreement and franchisor disclosure documents to make sure that you are aware of all of the issues that could make or break your new business.
- Copyright, trademarks and patents: Peter will explain matters relating to your intellectual property rights and make sure that you obtain full value for the assets you buy or sell. Peter concentrates planning to protect and get value from all your assets, including your intellectual property rights, especially for web- based entities. He does this by drafting good, tight agreements which are personalised to your business and which take account of a wide range of contingencies, including buying and selling goods online.
- Property and leasing: Peter assist with retail leasing and commercial leasing for both landlords and tenants. He will also assistyou with the sale or purchase of commercial property.
- Commercial law and small business legal advice: Peter has wide corporate experience over many years in diverse industries. Peter offers his clients wise legal and general advice and assistance in a wide range of matters, including trade practices law and consumer law.
- Workplace and employment: Peter concentrates on drafting and planning to ensure his clients are protected. Peter will advise on employment and workplace matters and draft appropriate and tailored documentation. Peter does not litigate workplace and employment matters, but will refer out such matters. Peter will also assist with occupational health and safety issues.
- Taxation and finance: Peter is able to draft and review mortgages, guarantees, charges and other securities documentation as well as advise in regard to GST, Capital Gains and Land Tax.
- Business succession and asset protection: You need a plan in place to make sure that your business and personal assets are protected. Peter will work closely and carefully with your business and family to devise a plan that keeps your hard won assets safe through unit, discretionary and family trusts, Wills and/or Powers of Attorney.
Whatever your circumstances, a good business lawyer on your side can help you mitigate the costly risks associated with running any business.
Contact us to find out more or to arrange a consultation with an experienced business lawyer in Kensington, Victoria. But also in NSW and Queensland.